WHO CAN APPLY
- American citizens
- You are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies at the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- You must be able to study, live and travel in Scandinavia during the entire scholarship period.
- You are a person who loves making new friends, with a keen interest in international relations in general, and in Scandinavia in particular.
- You are a devoted student, with great social skills, high values and integrity. Involvement in extracurricular activities, leadership experience or organizational is advantageous.
- You have good academic records and fluent communication skills in English.
THE BRITTINGHAM VIKING ORGANIZATION
For over 60 years, the Brittingham Viking Organization (BVO) has provided Scandinavian & American students with unique scholarships for studies at the highly regarded University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and across the Nordic Capitals.
In 1953 Thomas Brittingham Jr., a philanthropist and investor, initiated a scholarship program by bringing two students from each of the four Nordic countries to his alma mater, the University of Wisconsin, for one academic year. Tom believed that international understanding could be achieved by building personal relationships between people. The recipients of the scholarship, the Vikings, formed an alumni network, the Brittingham Viking Organization (BVO).
BVO scholars of today can be found in top positions in business, education, politics and government in the Nordic countries as well as in the United States. Every year, the Vikings meet at an annual convention to rekindle old friendships and discuss future endeavors. In 2019, the 66th annual convention will held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring 2020
- 1 Scholarship Awarded
- Scholarship value covers travel expenses to and from Denmark, tuition, accommodation, and basic living expenses
- Travel across the Nordics visiting previous Viking scholars
- Study at Copenhagen Business School or Copenhagen University with numerous courses to select from.